Forum

Notifications
Clear all

De Jos Thone' duiven van der duivenhok van Muzza

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

Since we are trying to get a bit of life in the forum, I thought I would do a little piece on my Jos Thone' pigeons, which seem to be more and more of the core of my team.

I didn't actually intend it, but I have some very nice Thone' pigeons, bred closely to top performers.

These reds are two I raised from eggs from an old hen. On her father's side she is the grand daughter of the "Late Simpson" NL-03-1550568 1st National Marsielle 840kms and "Black Nadira" DV-03-05286 1st International Carcassone 900kms, 10232 pigeons and 1st International Perpignan 830kms 14904 pigeons.

On the mother's side, the grand mother was "Sedna 999" Belg-08-5061999 4th National La Souterraine and 28th International Narbonne 892kms. The great grandmother was "Sedna 1"Belg-04-5026055 1st International Narbonne 892kms 10305 pigeons.

The father of these Reds has a pedigree just as good. 

They are this year paired for their first mating to pigeons of my own strain. Next year they will be paired with pure or half Jos Thone's 

These are the first offspring. Strong babies.

This next hen is from a hen which is a daughter of a champion racing hen in Australia, pure Jos Thone', bred down from the father of "Gerda", 1st International Barcelona, and the mother of Poco Diego, 1st National and 93rd International Barcelona. 

The babies are by one of my own strain, a pigeon which was only beaten by 4 seconds or something at his only race. 

This next cock is by my old original Van Loon cock from a sister of the last hen. Never trained, always kept for stock. Handles 10/10 and throws good youngsters.

I have changed his mating. He is pairing up with a Jos Thone' x Van Loon hen, which I got for stock a couple of years ago, but which has never shown any interest up until now. She is off different Thone' and Van Loon lines. 

They should produce strong youngsters.

I hope that is of some interest. 

I have some pure Thone' babies in the shed, which I will add and comment on in another post. 

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

Some crackers there Murray with results to match, hope they do well for you, babies looking spot on

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
Petedav
(@petedav)

Cracking pigeons Murray.

ReplyQuote
devo56
(@devo56)
Member Admin

Very nice indeed, and proven birds with distance in the blood. Quality i would say at its best.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

Very nice Murray. Going to be changing the colours in your loft lol. They are looking great and some good breeding behind them.

But, and please don’t take this the wrong way as it’s not intended to Knock you, it’s been said that the modern day pigeons are superior to those gone by, which I dispute anyway, but these are based on pigeons that were winning 15+ years ago. I know all modern families originated from those from the past. I just think that to much recognition is given to the “new” must haves bred from the odd pigeon that has done well recently so must be a new strain that are still based on old families produced by the masters of their time. Most “modern” day families are just bred by astute business people. Sorry went off topic there. 

I hope they do well for you Murray and your crosses blend in well with your new lines. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Very nice looking birds Murray with the pedigree to suit, looks like you have a nice strong and team coming along there. Good luck with mate I hope they do well for you and I look forward to following their progress. The Jos Thones are obviously a popular and well tried and tested family over there in Aus and I'm sure your family will cross into them very nicely. 

All the best

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Posted by: @andy123

Very nice Murray. Going to be changing the colours in your loft lol. They are looking great and some good breeding behind them.

But, and please don’t take this the wrong way as it’s not intended to Knock you, it’s been said that the modern day pigeons are superior to those gone by, which I dispute anyway, but these are based on pigeons that were winning 15+ years ago. I know all modern families originated from those from the past. I just think that to much recognition is given to the “new” must haves bred from the odd pigeon that has done well recently so must be a new strain that are still based on old families produced by the masters of their time. Most “modern” day families are just bred by astute business people. Sorry went off topic there. 

I hope they do well for you Murray and your crosses blend in well with your new lines. 

I think these old strains will still be found in most successful lofts today if you dig deep enough but as you say Andy the strains have just taken on the names of our modern day champions (as of course the Dutch and Belgians have always done) and they are the names that fanciers will pay the silly money for. 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered
Topic starter  

@andy123, You are right, these are are 'old' bloodlines, but the parents of the reds are both 11 or 12 years old, so are not 6 or 8 generations removed from the top Euro pigeons. They are off direct children of the imports, which have  produced Fed winners in Australia in tough conditions against big numbers. These pigeons are still very much current bloodlines down here. 

As you say, they will be 'branded' as something else, but they are still bred off many International and National winners at the long and marathon distances. The groundwork has been done, these things have been selected hard for generations. 

Probably a bit of a waste here. I will just spoil them and make pets out of them. 😊 

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin

@murray that was the point I was making lol. The old lines are still performing and even beating the supposed more modern pigeons. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote