Youngster from Potter.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

[attach]6058[/attach]
[attach]6059[/attach]
[attach]6060[/attach]

I have this little blue from Potter. She is the one on the right looking out of the loft and the small youngster in the second from left top box perch. 

Stew wasn’t sure about this pigeon when he sent her but informs me she is well bred for the distance. As can be seen in the 2 photos of them looking out of the front of the loft it looks like she is bow legged. Never seen one like it before, and she is small. But she is making up well and although small handles very well. 

There is something I think though a bit special about this little pigeon. She just seems very intelligent. Always the first one to explore new things. She went off for a fly on her own this afternoon and after a few minutes dropped like a shot straight onto the loft. My birds more often than not land on the house beside the loft first. 

The photos are a week old so I will take another one tomorrow. 

Certainly one to keep an eye on. 

buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

See what you mean about her leg, don't think bowed as such just looks as if bottom half sticks out a bit check if it goes in when flying, by the way all looking well mate

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

This is her today. The one on the right on the decking. 

[attach]6061[/attach]
[attach]6062[/attach]
[attach]6063[/attach]

ReplyQuote
Potter29
(@potter29)

Legs dont look to bad on that pic mate ,looking good ive got nest mate so we will see how they go

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

In the pic with her on the trap when wings flapping you can see the kink, but honestly do not think any issue with her

This post was modified 1 month ago by buster121

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @buster121

In the pic with her on the trap when wings flapping you can see the kink, but honestly do not think any issue with her

She was just taking off in that photo. She flew with the old birds this afternoon and although still quite young and only just started flying she had no trouble keeping up even when they went after a red kite that was flying over. She went after it with them. 

ReplyQuote
rainbow
(@rainbow)
Famed Member Registered

nothing wrong there Andy good luck with them

buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Noble Member Registered

Doesn't matter if it walks a bit funny. It's a pigeon, not a greyhound. {pear}:laughingoutloud:  

Regards

Murray.

buster121 liked
ReplyQuote