Notifications
Clear all

Devo’s and Chris’s 56, don’t know what to make of her  

Page 2 / 2

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
26/12/2019 10:03 pm  

I do agree with you John. But as I have said to you this is early days in this venture and certainly with the addition of the second loft I do have the room. As time goes by as said before the criteria for keeping a perch will be increased. I also agree that you need to send your best to the distance to prove if things are moving forward. I am not as hard as I used to be and especially with birds from different lofts I feel they need to be given a chance. She certainly won’t be bred from until she has proved herself. I do think that she will let us down at some point, but we will wait and see.

ReplyQuote
stevekulpa
(@stevekulpa)
Noble Member Registered
27/12/2019 11:18 pm  

I tend to agree with John, if she disappears when paired up in fact if she did it again at all she would have to go. Next time she may take another with her and before you know it you will have half a dozen going off and coming back when they feel like it

ReplyQuote
PVDMR
(@pvdmr)
Member Moderator
28/12/2019 7:17 pm  

As my mentor used to say,get it out the road
He didn’t put up with birds messing about!!!!
Seen him once ..storming out the loft with a limp widowhood cock in hand that scored multiple 1sts/ Feds😳
All because it started pratting around unsettling other birds in the race loft
seen other good birds disposed of doing a lot less.

Atb

Happy Christmas

You can buy The Mans Winning pigeons BUT not the Man that flys them!!

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
28/12/2019 8:14 pm  

As my mentor used to say,get it out the road
He didn’t put up with birds messing about!!!!
Seen him once ..storming out the loft with a limp widowhood cock in hand that scored multiple 1sts/ Feds😳
All because it started pratting around unsettling other birds in the race loft
seen other good birds disposed of doing a lot less.

Atb

Happy Christmas

Used to be like that myself. A lot more lenient nowadays, don’t let my temper get the better of me now. I don’t think you can be like that when looking at extreme distance birds. These need to be individuals and not just team flyers.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
28/12/2019 8:18 pm  

I tend to agree with John, if she disappears when paired up in fact if she did it again at all she would have to go. Next time she may take another with her and before you know it you will have half a dozen going off and coming back when they feel like it

I do agree Steve. This morning after exercise she was the first one back in so will see how she goes, but as you say she can’t afford to have anymore slip ups.

ReplyQuote
CDBL
 CDBL
(@cdbl)
Noble Member Registered
10/01/2020 3:15 pm  

Hey, been offline so missed a lot, dont give her any special treatment andy! But she does look good and well so I hope she settles.

Not so retired racer, part time webmaster and part time distiller

ReplyQuote
CDBL
 CDBL
(@cdbl)
Noble Member Registered
10/01/2020 3:39 pm  

Actually looking at her, and bearing in mind how slip went on to breed winners. She should be capable of distance. Looks in fine figure. Maybe pairing her to a determined cock. Something always there or there abouts may produce the good offspring and in turn, help her settle? Just a thought.

Not so retired racer, part time webmaster and part time distiller

ReplyQuote
buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin
10/01/2020 9:46 pm  

Nice to see you back Chris, wishing you well for the New Year

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)
10/01/2020 9:49 pm  

Actually looking at her, and bearing in mind how slip went on to breed winners. She should be capable of distance. Looks in fine figure. Maybe pairing her to a determined cock. Something always there or there abouts may produce the good offspring and in turn, help her settle? Just a thought.

Happy new year to you Chris, I hope it's a good one for you mate.
All the best.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2