Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Bath time.

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I haven’t given the birds a bath since separating them a couple of weeks ago. They don’t go out once separated so I have to give them the bath in the loft. Not ideal as it does make the floor very wet but it does dry out quite quickly. I filled the watering can up and took it with the bath into the cocks first and filled it up. I went down the garden and re-filled the watering can for the hens. By the time I got back up to the loft, at most a couple of minutes, the cocks were all in the bath. 

EBBF2FBC C79D 4004 BA01 25627E2DDB2C
0582CC91 7C84 4AFE BE85 BA106128D4FA

I put another bath and filled it for the hens. The same with them.

2D516D91 520E 46AA AB30 696AF41B14F8
37733ED3 6E12 4910 A85E 9051ADB7A585

All in the bath by the time I got back to the loft with the final watering can for the 4 stock cocks. The stock cocks weren’t quite the same as one cock decided that he wanted to himself.

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

That's where the lino will be good, Andy. 

Give it a wipe with an old cloth and it will be almost dry. 

I once saw a video of a loft in Europe, with a widowhood section that had the hard epoxy floor. It was coved up about 6 inches around the walls. After the birds were finished the fancier got down with a towel and dried the floor. 

Everything was spotless. 

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

Buster121 liked
ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @murray

That's where the lino will be good, Andy. 

Give it a wipe with an old cloth and it will be almost dry. 

I once saw a video of a loft in Europe, with a widowhood section that had the hard epoxy floor. It was coved up about 6 inches around the walls. After the birds were finished the fancier got down with a towel and dried the floor. 

Everything was spotless. 

Yes Murray. Unfortunately it was dark by the time I got home and removed the baths. It does come up nice when washed still. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote
Trevor Hodges
(@trench)

Great pictures Andy, not a lot of room to move in there, not sure where the soap is 👍🤠🤣😂 the birds certainly do love a bath especially on a chilly winter's day. 

ReplyQuote
killer
(@killer)
Illustrious Member Registered

Can’t you put a little flight off the loft to bath them ,moisture in the loft is a no no ,

ReplyQuote