A bit of clarity mo...

Notifications
Clear all

A bit of clarity moving forward

Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It is starting to look as if there is certainly a bit more clarity on the possible future of racing here with a move towards North Road. Locally the WOESRC, which we were members of and may look to rejoin, have voted to turn North with the young birds. There is talk that the CSCFC are looking to increase their radius both East and West but not North. This could mean instead of being called the Central Southern Classic Flying Club it would be just the Southern Classic Flying Club covering the whole of the South Coast. I think the other National clubs could also be looking at new race routes.

For us, although not what we set out to achieve, we would still have a potential to test birds at the distance with Thurso being 523 miles and Lerwick 630 miles. With, for some unknown reason but does seem the case, turning North Road birds South isn’t a problem but turning South Road birds North does pose a bit more of a problem, in the future if channel racing is again possible turning our birds back across the channel could work well. 

Hopefully we will get a few years racing North. What we don’t won’t is the continued uncertainty in of where we are going. 

I am still going to continue with the way I am running this project and will be happy to continue to give reports and updates of how things are going as well as still taking in pigeons from members who want to send them. 

You never know maybe in the future we may still be able to race from Barcelona. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

Buster121
(@buster121)
Member Admin

At least you now know what is happening, good luck with it mate anyway you can always call it the Lerwick test loft doesn't have the same ring but hey ho

Sadie's Loft's, home of great birds, just a poor loft manager

ReplyQuote
George & Morgan
(@george-morgan)
Famed Member Registered

good luck Andy whatever you decide  i will  always believe the ybs need testing with as many races as possible it's different if you have a established family whatever you decide you have my full support 

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

I am pleased to hear that. The on again, off again thing is very draining. 

Ok, you are racing the north road this year. Good. At least you know. 

As you say, you can test and filter the pigeons out to Lerwick, if they are good enough. 

To my mind, 600 miles is 600 miles. If you can get one on the sheet it is a bloody good pigeon and you have done a good job with it. 

The Barcelona project is not over, it has just met the different requirements of the times. 

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Murray
(@murray)
Famed Member Registered

In fact, it might be a good way to test the team for a couple of years. 

'Stamina is not a substitute for quality'. I first read that some years ago. It's the best thing I have ever seen.

Frankel is regarded as the best racehorse ever. He won 14 out of 14 races.

Now, at the end of his 4yo season, they could have gelded him, won some good hurdle races as a 5yo, the Cheltenham Gold Cup as a 6yo, and gone to the Grand national for 4 or 5 years after that. 

Of course that is absolute stupidity. But there are people who think like that. 

A lot of pigeons can go 500 miles, if you give them long enough.  

Going 500 or 600 miles is not the trick. Going 500 or 600 miles in race winning time, that's the trick. 

I am good! They aren't firing rubber bullets at me. Yet.
Welcome to Victoria, 2021.

ReplyQuote
Andy123
(@andy123)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @murray

In fact, it might be a good way to test the team for a couple of years. 

'Stamina is not a substitute for quality'. I first read that some years ago. It's the best thing I have ever seen.

Frankel is regarded as the best racehorse ever. He won 14 out of 14 races.

Now, at the end of his 4yo season, they could have gelded him, won some good hurdle races as a 5yo, the Cheltenham Gold Cup as a 6yo, and gone to the Grand national for 4 or 5 years after that. 

Of course that is absolute stupidity. But there are people who think like that. 

A lot of pigeons can go 500 miles, if you give them long enough.  

Going 500 or 600 miles is not the trick. Going 500 or 600 miles in race winning time, that's the trick. 

I agree Murray. This national racing is certainly different from club racing. At this stage I’m just pleased to get them. North Road racing is also different from South Road. 

Home of the ukpigeonracing test loft.

ReplyQuote