For seamy76

Need any help or advice post it here.
Andy123

For seamy76

Post by Andy123 » July 15th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Welcome to the site seamy 76. There are lots of members on here that will do what they can to help you. Ask what ever you want and we will do our best to answer, you will get different advice from different people such is the nature of our sport.
In answer to your question in chat, I think you would find it best to have a loft of some description. It could be a converted shed. It doesn't need to be big or fancy. You could have just boxes but I don't think you would enjoy the pigeons as much as being in among them. How much room do you think you have in your garden?

Magic

Re: For seamy76

Post by Magic » July 16th, 2017, 6:04 am

You are very welcome Seamy 76 to the Site and to the Sport. I would fully agree with Andy BUT on many occasions I have had to cut my cloth as they say, depending on where we lived, and have flown them into the tiniest of spaces to nothing more than individual nest boxes mounted on the wall.
As Andy says let us know what space is available to you and we can take it from there.
Good luck.
Aim for the Moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars.

CDBL

Post by CDBL » July 16th, 2017, 6:26 am

Welcome to the site Seamy76! I'd concur with magic. The best set up will be the one that works for you. You can. At a push. Even convert a rabbit hutch depending on how many birds you plan to fly. For me, due to health problems and non-understanding parents... I have link ups with studs and other fanciers and race one loft races only. But that suits me, my situation and my main interest of genetics. All depends which route you head down.

CDBL

Post by CDBL » July 16th, 2017, 6:32 am

Reminded me actually. Very interesting article:
http://www.pigeonracingpigeon.com/whats ... ng-method/

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » July 16th, 2017, 8:58 am

A good article Chris. My loft is only 12 x 8.

PVDMR

Post by PVDMR » July 16th, 2017, 9:11 am

Nice read, :)

Potter29

Post by Potter29 » July 16th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Read this before it got mentiond to me when i started very good read and very basic setup but brilliant flier , all the best mate

trench

Post by trench » July 16th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Welcome steamy 76, as others have said its all about finding a loft/method that suits you and your time. The only thing I would add is that you need a lot of patience, just enjoy the experience and the birds. I at the moment have a converted 6x4 shed, I have only ever had converted sheds. You don't need a massive set up just good birds and a bit of time.
We are all here to support in any way we can.

Atvb

killer

Post by killer » July 17th, 2017, 2:09 am

Welcome

seamy76

Post by seamy76 » August 4th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. I just home from holidays. I have based on all the great feedback to build a small loft. Seen one on YouTube "loft for confined spaces". Mine will be slightly larger. Will get to work on it in the next few days. Now that is decided the small matter of getting the right birds is next. I want my small team to be competitive. I have been looking on line and have seen birds for sale on Tumley stud (Loen beors) Ajredstar Sprint/middle distance. Anyone have any advice before I buy some birds...

Return to “Help & Advice”