new shed legality

Need any help or advice post it here.
chrisperry

new shed legality

Post by chrisperry » December 12th, 2016, 11:31 am

I have a 10' x 8' shed and an 8' x 4' shed all containing birds, to give me some storage I picked up a 6' x 4' apex shed off eBay, whilst putting it up the bloke next door said not another shed, how many do you want, all my sheds are off the floor by around 12 inches and stick over the six Ft fence panels, the comment back was don't put it too high you know my Mrs moans, I didn't but I do now, to be neighbourly I converted it from an apex to a pent roof, what a ball ache that was, in the row of 5 houses mine is the only one left council/ housing association, if she reported me to the housing association were do stand, the sheds are right at the bottom of my garden 8 fence panels down from house

buster121

Re: new shed legality

Post by buster121 » December 12th, 2016, 2:37 pm

Best thing is to check local council rules, with Wolverhampton sheds have to be 1 metre from fences and less than 25% of area, I had to apply for permission with a drawing of shed

Bryngwynt

Post by Bryngwynt » December 12th, 2016, 2:40 pm

I think most councils are different,But think that you can't be over 3 metres tall.Plus I think it is a metre away from any boundary.
But if they have been up over 5 years,you can argue the toss with them.

Hope that helps,otherwise contact council to see what they are after

chrisperry

Post by chrisperry » December 12th, 2016, 3:01 pm

It's the boundary from the neighbours fence that confused me, shed in middle of garden if that applies surely not ??

This is Walsall council
within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » December 12th, 2016, 3:46 pm

I know a meter from the boundary seems quite normal for most councils, but how ridiculous , this would put it in the middle of a lot of gardens. Much above the height of the fence I could understand. You can have a boundary hedge up to 2m and a tree up to any height!!

chrisperry

Post by chrisperry » December 12th, 2016, 4:25 pm

My gardens a triangle going from the width of the house, going back 12 fence panel's into 7 Ft hence there's 3 Ft behind the shed doing nothing, so boundary rules screw me right over

trench

Post by trench » December 12th, 2016, 6:56 pm

All sounds very complicated and silly, when we raced with Worthing back in the 90s I think probably over half the club lived in council houses. I will have to be careful when I build my new loft as I live with my Fiance in her council house. There are 4 houses in our row with fields out the back of us, our neighbours all own their homes. Thankfully we get on well with our neighbours and on one side the guys Dad used to race pigeons in Croyden and was in fact a national winner so he grew up with pigeons. I am hoping that as long as we keep the lofts small and the numbers low we won't have a problem. Do these same rules apply in privately owned properties ???

Return to “Help & Advice”