Planning ahead

Talk about anything that is not relevant to the boards below.
devo56

Planning ahead

Post by devo56 » November 26th, 2017, 11:30 am

Well its that time of the year, plans being put together for the new Racing season. Well looking back over the past 2 years after returning to the sport, It was a case of making contact with the right people to source my future Loft Foundation. I spend a lot of time doing research on the breeding of quality birds, Things dont happen overnight, i set myself a 3 year plan to be racing along side the really good flyers in the northwest of the uk. Well i think it is more like a 5 year plan but i guess if you want the best it takes time. In the loft over the past 12 months i have been working on finding good stock for the middle distance. My plan is to build a good solid base of middle distance birds, so i have chosen Jan Hooymans Harry lines and Gaby Vandenabeele Rudy lines. I think this will be my foundation for the middle distance racing. In the liverpool Amal we fly inland races from 80 miles right to the south coast of a distance of 194 miles, So i have put a plan of action to source some very good Sprint birds. Over the next few months i will have a team of 18 youngsters joining my loft, these birds will be coming from 2 lofts. I have 12 youngsters coming over from Belgium i made contact with the breeder by Email and also via the telephone. The 12 youngsters are from the lines of Van den Bulck Dirk and Stefann Lambrecht.

Dirk Van Den Bulck
3 Kleinkinderen "OLYMPIC ROSITA",moeder van o.a. "KITTEL","GREIPEL"
1 KLeinzoon "DONKERE LEO"

Lambrechts Stefaan
4 Kinderen "ASAFA"
1 Zoon uit broer x zus "LINCIA"
1 Zoon "THE POWER" 3° NPO Pommereuil
1 Zoon "STEFAAN X VROOM"
2 KLeinkinderen "BLAUWE GERT X VAN LOOCK DUIVIN" Stamkoppel Lambrechts

These 12 youngsters will be joined by another 6 youngsters from our member of the site Bryn, After speaking to him and also seeing some photos he sent me along with background information about his breeding stock. Bryn or Rich as some members know him, he as agreed to breed me 6 youngsters. From his Lambrechts stock. These youngsters joining my loft will put my own breeding to the test, I will have 4 different family of birds racing in 2018.
This will pave the way for the future foundations of 5 Star lofts. So a big thanks to Bryn/Rich, for helping to make it Happen along with Eddy Den Haese. Also to George/Rainbow for the guidance of the last couple of years, a man with much knowledge of racing pigeons. And a big thank you to Andy who will be giving me advice on the birds eyes before pairing up my birds. If you dont Prepare Be Prepared To Fail

Starter46

Re: Planning ahead

Post by Starter46 » November 26th, 2017, 11:51 am

Good luck for the future, sounds like you have done a lot of research for quality birds.. mark

buster121

Post by buster121 » November 26th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Good luck Devo, nothing better than a man with a plan lol

trench

Post by trench » November 26th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Well done Dev and good luck mate, you certainly have done your homework and it sounds like you are well on your way to establishing a well balanced team of Sprint/middle distance pigeons. Forward planning and record keeping is definitely key.
As you said a 3 year plan may have been ambitious, 5 years is certainly more realistic.
You will no doubt get a winner or two along the way but consistency takes a little longer.
Well done to all those supporting and helping you reach your goal, we all need the help and advice of our peers from time to time.
Best wishes mate.

Bryngwynt

Post by Bryngwynt » November 26th, 2017, 2:08 pm

That’s a great plan and a set goal for the coming season.But the work you put into place now will keep your plans on track.Not just for next season but for the next 2 years as well.

Looking forward to meeting up with Devo shortly and can show you the birds in the flesh.
Plus will be getting some of Devos special tonic for the birds at the same time.

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » November 26th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Good bit of planning Devo. What distance will you be going upto? I think you should have a great foundation there Devo. As you say it’s all about planning.
It’s great that there are many people willing to help each other out. That’s what it’s all about.
Be good to come up and meet you in the new year. I’m sure you and Rich will have a great day going through Rich’s birds, there are some lovely ones there.

devo56

Post by devo56 » November 26th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Andy123 wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 3:48 pm
Good bit of planning Devo. What distance will you be going upto? I think you should have a great foundation there Devo. As you say it’s all about planning.
It’s great that there are many people willing to help each other out. That’s what it’s all about.
Be good to come up and meet you in the new year. I’m sure you and Rich will have a great day going through Rich’s birds, there are some lovely ones there.
Andy i will be racing from 80 miles up to 440 miles. with the old bird racing, and from 80 miles to 194 miles young bird racing.

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » November 26th, 2017, 5:13 pm

Will you be aiming on racing your sprinters to the coast then Devo and your middle distance ones upto the 440 miles. I know you think the Vandenabeele’s should go as far as 500 miles, what about the Hooymans?
I think this time of the year is quite an exciting time, as this is the time for making all your plans for next year. After the turn of the new year this is when we start to put these plans into practice, then it is a case of hoping it all works out.

devo56

Post by devo56 » November 26th, 2017, 5:45 pm

Andy123 wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 5:13 pm
Will you be aiming on racing your sprinters to the coast then Devo and your middle distance ones upto the 440 miles. I know you think the Vandenabeele’s should go as far as 500 miles, what about the Hooymans?
I think this time of the year is quite an exciting time, as this is the time for making all your plans for next year. After the turn of the new year this is when we start to put these plans into practice, then it is a case of hoping it all works out.
Andy George and myself was talking about the Liverpool Classic club, they have good races with distance. Yes thats the plan Andy, sprinters for inland and the Vandenabeeles and Hooymans for over the water.

Andy123

Post by Andy123 » November 26th, 2017, 5:54 pm

How far do they go? I know you have said about the NFC or MNFC. Both would give you good long distances, but don’t try to do to many different things to so. All distances will need different approaches and management.

Return to “Chat Racing Pigeon”